The “Painted Airstream” this Argosy 28' is original, operational, retro camper, ready to step into a vintage retreat and go camping, or easily update & restore.
Extremely rare, desirable Airstream brand, well made, with a newer engine, updated components with original 70's interior in full working condition!
Manufactured by Airstream, Argosy shares rounded roof design & curved roof windows. Built on Chevrolet P30 chassis, powered by Chevy 454ci V8, which was replaced with new engine and has 30,000 miles. Total motorhome miles is 147,000.
Purchased from original owner 37 years ago. Used full time for trips from Florida to California, and around USA. Runs great & loves to camp!
The exterior paint is original and shows its age. The fold-out awning was replaced with original striped look. Spare tire is fitted to rear with functional tow hitch, and original wheels were mounted with 6 new tires 3 years ago, with less than 5k miles put on the motorhome since. Interior is largely original including the fabrics, interior furnishings, retracting tambour cabinet doors, and electronic control panel. Seating surfaces are stain free, well-kept, and interior surfaces show normal wear for their age. Norcold 3-way (120v/12v/LPG) refrigerator has been replaced, and all systems are functional. Batteries were replaced less than 1 year ago.
The Airstream Argosy has a painted exterior, and underneath the paint Argosy has aluminum outer skin like Airstream with steel plate. Strip, or re-paint, or show off for your retro retreat!
- Total miles: 147,000 / Motor: 454 GM with 30,000 miles (replaced at 117 miles)
- Transmission: GM Turbo 400
- Brakes: 4-wheel disk hydro boast
- Suspension: Air ride
- Generator: 4kW Onan with 378 hrs
- 30 amp service
- Furnace: Suburban, 1+ years old and warms the camper nicely
- Roof AC: Carrier 13,500 works great and is cold (replacement)
- Dash air works and is cold
- 8-track radio am/fm, bring your 8-tracks :)
- Tires: 3 years old
- Batteries: Under 1 year
- Windshield has a 20 yr old crack in one layer, not in field of view
- Interior: very good, original, does show wear (see pictures)
- Dash clock no work
- 44 yr old motorhome / no warranty
- Hoses, belts, radiator, AC compressor changed when engine replaced
- New 134 condenser & hoses for 134A
- 30 amp cord, and drain hoses included
- Original jack wheel wrench & spare tire
- Many spare parts for engine and generator included
- Original owners manuals for coach, fridge & furnace
- See all 50 pictures and 1 video for details.
- Condition Used
- Year 1977
- Make Airstream
- Model ARGOSY
- Class Class A
- Location CHERRY HILL, NJ
- Mileage 30,000
- Fuel Type GAS
- Gross Vehicle Weight 12,500
- VIN Number CPY3773315581
- Engine Type V8
- Sleeping Capacity 4
- Sleep Options 4
- Air Conditioners 1
- Awnings yes
- Length 28
- Engine Manufacture GM 454
- Exterior Color white and brown
- Interior Color Tan and orange
- Price $27,650
Estimate Payments1 - Find financing offers from Southeast Financial
Find financing offers from Southeast Financial